Contact our office to schedule your consultation today!
Xeomin® is an FDA-approved IncobotulinumtoxinA that helps temporarily relax muscle activity between the eyebrows (also called glabellar lines) in adults ages 18 and older. Patients choose Xeomin® as an alternative to Botox injections because Xeomin® is a double-filtered formula that doesn’t have any unnecessary proteins.
The Benefits of Xeomin®
Xeomin® is double filtered with a proprietary XTRACT Technology™ process to create a more pure and effective product. In clinical trials, Xeomin® patients didn’t develop clinical resistance or secondary treatment failure due to neutralizing antibodies.
Xeomin® has a lower molecular weight than Botox and Dysport, with all of the effectiveness and benefits of a cosmetic product.
How Xeomin® Works
The toxin in Xeomin® blocks transmission at the neuromuscular and salivary junction by preventing the release of acetylcholine. As a result, no signals are transmitted, preventing muscle contraction.
What Does Xeomin® Treat?
Injections with Xeomin® can be a great treatment for patients with:
- Frown lines
- Upper limb spasticity
- Cervical dystonia
- Chronic sialorrhea (drooling)
Xeomin® is not recommended for individuals with a history of:
- Breathing difficulties
- Allergic reactions to botulinum injections
- Muscle or nerve disorders
- Respiratory illnesses, such as asthma
- Problems with swallowing
Before Receiving Xeomin® Treatments
It’s important to tell your doctor if you:
- Have been treated with other botulinum toxin products in the last four months
- Have recently received antibiotic injections
- Take muscle relaxants
- Take an allergy or cold medicine
- Take a sleep medicine
- Take medications to treat depression, anxiety, mood disorders, mental illness, Parkinson’s disease, stomach problems, motion sickness, irritable bowel syndrome, or overactive bladder
- Have plans to undergo surgery
- Have had surgeon on the face
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed
- Have a history of swallowing problems or inhaling fluid or food into the lungs
- Have bleeding problems
- Have drooping eyelids
- Have breathing difficulties, such as asthma or emphysema
Schedule a consultation with Silicon Valley Med Spa to learn more about Xeomin® and to find out if it’s a good treatment for you.
What Happens During Treatment?
A provider will cleanse the treatment area and apply a numbing gel or anesthetic. Then, they will inject the necessary amount of Xeomin® into the treatment area and wait for the toxin to take effect. Patients shouldn’t feel any pain and will be free to go home or back to work after treatment.
Patients can resume normal activities once the anesthetic has worn off. It’s important to avoid driving or hazardous activity until the patient knows how the toxin affects them.
How Often Should Patients Receive Xeomin® ?
Xeomin® injections are spaced at least 12 weeks apart and should only be administered by a trained medical professional. Frown lines may return within three months and patients will need repeat injections to maintain results.
Potential Side Effects
Though Xeomin® is widely considered safe for healthy adults, there is a possibility of side effects, such as itching, redness, swelling, rash, wheezing, dizziness, asthma symptoms, and feeling faint. When injections are performed by a trained and experienced physicians, treatment is safe and effective.